Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Astronomy experience this week

This is a copy of the e-mail I received last week from Fred Olness, Physics Dept Chair at SMU. I am sending out the portion containing the infromation regarding the program this Saturday.

I think I am going.....after the struggle with the atomic physics problem......

Trina

**********
I am organizing a teaching exchange that will happen in the Dallas area (Plano) on February 12th. I have attached a flyer that has more information. There will be a morning workshop on interactive engagement techniques (similar to the Astro 101 workshops at the AAS meetings run by Ed Prather and Gina Brissenden). In the afternoon there will be a panel discussion on astro 101 teaching tricks, and time for participants to give short talks. There is no registration fee for the event.



If you know of anyone that might be interested in attending, please pass the information on. The event is being held at Collin College in Plano. I would love to see a nice mixture of university, small college, community college, high school teachers, post-docs, and graduate students. Or any combination!

Best wishes for a great semester!



Cheers!



Lee



************************

Dr. W. Lee Powell Jr.

Assistant Professor of Physics

Texas Lutheran University

Office: 830-372-6039

E-mail: LPowell@TLU.edu



No comments:

Post a Comment